Friday, April 23, 2010

Water Aerobics Etiquette Part 2


So today I wrote about some instances of not so good etiquette when it comes to water aerobics.
Since that post I have heard from a couple of you about some more instances, so I have decided to post them here.

A friend of mine reminded me today about a story I had told her a few years back. When she told me it brought a horrible memory flooding back into my mind. One that I had actually repressed, so thanks a lot my friend, thanks. In reality I am happy she brought it up because I can now share it hear in hopes that someone who does this will read and learn.

There was a time I took water aerobics. Yes, I was the youngest one in the class, but I also had an injury that prevented me from doing any other form of exercise. We were working out, having a great time, when one of the older ladies tells the instructor, "I'll be right back. I need to pee." That was nice to let us all know. She was back in no time at all.
I said to her, "Wow, you are quick. I can never get my suit off and on that fast." She replied, " I don't take my suit down. I just run into the first shower stall and pee." You should have seen the look on everyone's faces. You should have seen the instructor trying to keep her composure while teaching. We were all a little grossed out by that and amazed that she would tell us all that. She seemed almost proud that she had figured out a fast way to pee and wanted to tell us in case we wanted to pee fast too.

WATER AEROBICS GYM ETIQUETTE FOR DUMMIES TIP #3- Please if you are leaving water aerobics to go to the bathroom do not go in the nearest shower. If you feel the need to pee in the nearest shower could you not come back and announce it to your class even if someone says you are fast at relieving yourself. Thank you.

Another Gym Etiquette for Dummies reader let me know that her friend was in the gym pool swimming laps while water aerobics was going on and one of the participants decided to take a dump in the pool. There it was floating in the pool. Hey, why not? It is like a big toilet, isn't it?

WATER AEROBICS GYM ETIQUETTE FOR DUMMIES TIP #4- In the last tip I said to not pee in the first available shower when exiting water aerobics to go to the bathroom, but this tip is a little different. Could you please exit the pool and at least use a bathroom when you need to poop. That would be greatly appreciated by all. Especially all the other swimmers that have to clear the pool when you decide to take a dump. Thank you.

Keep those stories coming. Email them to me at gymetiquette@gmail.com. Happy working out!!

2 comments:

  1. I'm wondering if Miss Poops A Lot had a problem with continence and took off her diaper. Therefore the tip should read "Do not take off your depends for the water aerobics class. We'd rather see a saggy bottom than a floating terd".

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHAHAHA. Maybe there is a market for swimmer diapers for adults. They make them for toddlers. We could be on to something. HAHAHAHA

    ReplyDelete

If you want to leave me your gym story please email it to gymetiquette@gmail.com